Despite my best intentions, last year didn’t go so well for my writing goals. I completed two stories, and part of a novel, and that’s it. Due to my disability, typing became painful, and there was less and less inclined to type. Until now, that is meant that I’ve gotten little in the way of writing done for the last few months.
Thanks to my parents, however, I now have a copy of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It’ll take a lot of getting used to, and for now it is much slower than typing, but it’s something. No longer will my shoulders ache for days after spending some time writing.
Now that I can write again without pain, it’s time for me to set some new goals. First, I’m going to return to setting up time once a day where I can be alone and write. Since I’m still getting used to Dragon, I’m setting myself an easily obtainable goal of 1000 words per week.
Every Friday, I will post on here whether I’ve succeeded or failed in that week’s goal. I will also be keeping track of how many words I can write per hour, and how much time every day I can put towards writing. I’ll use this information at the end of January to come up with a new weekly goal that will follow from there on out.
If all goes well, I should have a much higher production rate than last year, and hopefully learn much more the process.